Telstra has announced it will release the HTC Sensation smartphone in July.
The HTC Sensation will be released in Australia next month and will be exclusive to the Telstra Next G network, Telstra has announced.
"We’re delighted to confirm that Telstra will bring the Android-powered HTC Sensation to Australia," said Andrew Volard, Director Telstra Mobile Products. "This epic multimedia smartphone... will launch exclusively on the Telstra Next G network in July."
Billed as a 'multimedia flagship', the HTC Sensation is one of the most hotly anticipated Android smartphones of 2011. Boasting a 4.3in QHD SLCD display, a 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, 4GB of internal memory and an 8GB memory card, it is expected to compete with the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S II and Apple iPhone 5.
The HTC Sensation runs an updated version of the HTC Sense user interface and comes with an eight mega-pixel camera capable of 1080p video recordings.
Other key features include:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense 3.0
- 4.3-inch qHD touch screen with 540 x 960 resolution
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash
- 1080p HD video recording
- 1GB of internal phone storage. Memory expandable up to 32GB with a MicroSD card (8GB card included).