Nintendo admits hack attack, says user info safe

By
Nintendo admits hack attack, says user info safe

Hacker group Lulz Security has claimed another victim, with Nintendo confirming its servers in the US have been hacked.

LulzSec shot to notoriety when it became the latest group to breach Sony's defences with an attack on Sony Pictures last week.

The group said it had browsed more than a million Sony accounts and made thousands of user details available online to prove its claims.

According to LulzSec, it followed that up with an attack that it claims did not reveal any details but highlighted vulnerabilities in the Nintendo network.

Nintendo stressed that no data had been accessed during the latest hack, and said it was looking into its security.

“There were no third-party victims," spokesperson Ken Toyoda said in a statement. "But it is a fact there was some kind of possible hacking attack.”

LulzSec posted details of a main server configuration file at Nintendo, but said it wouldn't be targeting Nintendo for a series of attacks and that the company had since fixed the breach issue.

This article originally appeared at pcpro.co.uk

Copyright © Alphr, Dennis Publishing
Tags:

Most Read Articles

More than 400 of the most popular sites are logging everything you type

More than 400 of the most popular sites are logging everything you type

AMD drops Ryzen prices for Black Friday

AMD drops Ryzen prices for Black Friday

Building believable AI in games: F.E.A.R.

Building believable AI in games: F.E.A.R.

Head2Head: Apple iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy S8

Head2Head: Apple iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy S8