Telstra today confirmed that it will be bringing the HTC Desire S smartphone to Australia in the first half of 2011. The smartphone, which sports a 3.7in touch screen and the latest Android Gingerbread operating system, will be available exclusively on Telstra’s Next G network.
The HTC Desire S will come with a range of new features and improvements over its predecessor, the HTC Desire. These include faster mobile internet connectivity, a more powerful 1GHz processor for multitasking, and a overhauled design crafted out of a single piece of aluminium.
“The HTC Desire S builds on the qualities that made the original so popular,” said Warwick Bray, Executive Director, Telstra Mobile Products. “Our customers are going to love the look and feel of the phone.”
HTC Desire S’s key features include:
- 3.7-inch touch screen
- HSDPA 14.4 Mbps peak download rating. Actual speeds are less.
- Weight: 130 grams
- Size: 115 x 59.8 x 11.63 mm
- Google services including Google Mail, Google search, YouTube, Google Calendar and Google Maps
- 5 megapixel colour camera with power LED flash
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Operating system: Google Android Gingerbread
- More than 100,000 apps on Android market
Pricing and availability for the HTC Desire S has yet to be announced.