Need to restore you Chromecast to its default factory settings? Here's how.
If your Google Chromecast is frozen, or if you're moving house and want to restore it to factory settings, you'll need to perform what's known as a Factory Data Reset (FDR). This will reboot the Chromecast but will also clear all of your data, so make sure you're happy with that before continuing.
How to reset Chromecast: via app
- Open up the Chromecast app on your Android or iOS device.
- Find the specific Chromecast device you want to reset.
- Go to the Settings gear, located in the top right hand corner.
- Go to the More option, which looks like three dots stacked on top of each other.
- For iOS users, choose Reset. For Android users, choose Factory reset Chromecast.
- Confirm that you want to rest your device.
How to reset Chromecast: via dongle
- With the Chromecast plugged into the TV, hold down the side button on the dongle.
- You'll see the LED begin to blink orange. Keep holding until the light turns white.
- Let go and the Chromecast will reboot.