The possibly last big update before Mists of Pandaria is out now for World of Warcraft - what reasons does it bring to go back to the game?
It's patch time in World of Warcraft, folks, and it's a real doozy. Patch 4.3: Hour of Twilight is possibly the last big content patch before The Mists of Pandaria gets released, so it comes with a mess of content and features to hold players over until the furries... I mean, Pandarians, take over Azeroth.
In the wake of the Cataclysm, Azeroth's champions rose up to thwart the forces of the maddened black Dragon Aspect, Deathwing. Thus far the world's defenders have shattered the power base of the Twilight's Hammer cult and defeated the raging elemental lords Al'Akir and Ragnaros. Yet despite these victories, as long as Deathwing is free to pursue his twisted goals, Azeroth will remain under threat.
No one is more aware of this fact than the great Dragon Aspects Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Ysera, and Kalecgos. Together with the wise shaman Thrall, they have devised a plan to vanquish Deathwing with a weapon of his own design: the infamous Dragon Soul.
Thrall and the noble Aspects will call upon the Horde and the Alliance to help them retrieve the artifact--no longer in existence--from the distant past. Those brave enough to face the challenge will embark on a perilous journey from Azeroth's apocalyptic End Time to the Dragon Soul's point of origin during the catastrophic War of the Ancients. If the heroes succeed, an even more harrowing battle awaits them in the present.
But what's in the patch? Well, here you go:
- Raid Finder – Players can quickly and easily form a raid for a specifically tuned version of the Dragon Soul raid; akin to the Dungeon Finder feature
- Dragon Soul – The most epic 10- and 25-person raid encounter Blizzard has ever designed
- Transmogrification – Customize the appearance of your weapons and armor
- Three new 5-person dungeons – Continue the storyline of Thrall and Deathwing as players embark on all-new adventures in End Time, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight
- Void Storage – Players of all levels can now open up 80 slots of long-term storage space
- Fangs of the Father – Legendary rogue quest line
- The all-new Darkmoon Faire – Darkmoon Faire has been completely redesigned and offers all-new games and rewards for players to experience