If you though Atomic's Beast was over the top, think again - the definition of super-powered computing has just gone over the top...
What kind of PC do you dream of when you dream unlimited dreams?
Is it packed with cutting edge hardware you can barely maintain, let alone afford? Is it watercooled up, into and out the wazoo? Are there more fans than you've had hot breakfasts? Two Blu-ray drives? A custom-built, heavy duty case...
Is it something like the custom PC that Deus Ex Technologies recently built for one discerning customer, and loaned to us for a couple of days to drool over? Is it something... like this?
Well, if our dream PC wasn't this before, it certainly is now. We could rant and waffle about the awesomeness, but let's cut to the chase - here's what's in this mighty edifice:
- 980x at 4.21Ghz with 55 degree load temp
- Tri Sli GTX 580s with 45 degree load temp
- Watercooled Gigabyte UD9
- 18TB storage (6 x 3TB hitachi 7200rpm drives)
- 2 x 240GB Corsair Force SSDS in RAID 0
- 33 Yate Loon blue LED 2000rpm fans (fans set to 1000rpm currently but can be set to full speed for maximum brightness. This can be easily adjusted from the top touch screen fan controller which controls every fan in the case.)
- Two lamptron heavy duty fan controllers (FC-touch and FC-5 v2)
- Two laing d5 pumps, Two EK RX 480 quad radiators, Blue Mayhem dye, Bitspower compression fittings
- Imported Mountain Mods Extended Ascension Case
- 1500 Watt Silverstone ST1500 power supply
- Bitspower Molex power board and CCFLs.
The Beast was, and always will be, mighty, but it now stands in truly exalted company. To the lucky owner - respect. Also, you may be slightly mad, given that this MONSTER is worth about $12,000. And if you want to see more pics of this madness, then you should check out our gallery.
Prepare to drool...