Well, I guess we can all breath a sigh of relief for the vast potential number of tourists and chronically trusting travellers no doubt about to get lost in Australia's forbidding interior as we speak.
Google Maps is back on iOS.
"Navigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone," says the first line of the description for the 'new' app, as if this is indeed the first time that Google's maps have appeared on the OS. Forget all those other Google Maps you've seen; this is the 'real' deal.
Here's the feature set straight from the horse's mouth.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.