As mentioned in our review of Darksiders 2, the PC version of the game has been marred by some unfortunate bugs. These range from difficulty getting Vsync working on some systems, to ones that render players unable to progress in the game.
As is often the way, a day after we put the review online, THQ has gone and done a round of fixes to some of the more egregious issues. This has taken the form of a 500MB patch that dropped last night on Steam. From our brief bout of pre-work testing this morning it does seem like they’ve fixed not only some of the bigger problems but also some of the more minor annoyances that we came across during our time ingame.
We’ve added the official list below, but there are also a few undocumented features such as the in game map finally telling players the correct controller button to get to the overworld map (and hence fast travel features).
There are still a few things that we’d like to see, like the promised access to config files and the ability to switch between keyboard/mouse and controller in the options menu (the game defaults to gamepad control if you boot it with a gamepad plugged in). But overall it is a welcome set of fixes, delivered in an unexpectedly timely manner.
This is only the first of the planned patches, with ones for consoles and a second PC patch now being worked on. There isn't any ETA unfortunately but details can be found here.
Darksiders 2 PC Update 2!
Vigil has been working hard to research and address each bug report in the forums – thank you for all the input! Update 2 has been released today and should resolve many of the issues you are experiencing.
• In this Update your key mappings will revert to defaults.
• Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)
• The V-sync graphics option is now functional.
• Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.
• Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.
• You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.
• Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.
• Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
• Various gameplay progressions fixes.
As always, thank you for your patience! Our team is working hard to address reports quickly & will keep you updated on the progress