Just the other week, while I was lounging away on leave, I thought... hey, let's play a little Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I pretty much stopped fighting the good fight when I finished the campaign, but I did enjoy it, and it was still a lot of fun.
Even with terrible, lethal lag.
So now I'm kind of excited by the idea of the three shiny new maps in the just announced Mass Effect 3: Earth DLC. It expands the brutla fight for humanity to three iconic Earth locations: London, Vancouver (that'll be weird - I LOVE Vancouver), and Rio de Janeiro. On top of that, there's new characters, gear and generally a mess of stuff, which is even cooler considering the DLC is completely free. Here's what you get:
• Three New Maps – With the fate of the galaxy at stake, Earth’s military efforts have concentrated on three strategic locations. Defend Firebase Rio, home to the N7 training facility, along with Firebase Vancouver and Firebase London in the last stand for mankind.
• New Array of Playable N7 Characters – Step into the boots of the Alliance’s most elite military units with the N7 Demolisher Engineer, N7 Destroyer Soldier, N7 Fury Adept, N7 Sentinel Paladin, N7 Shadow Infiltrator and N7 Slayer Vanguard.
• New Powerful and Unique Weapons – Lay waste to the enemy by unlocking the N7 Piranha Shotgun, N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle and Acolyte Pistol.
• New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with 12 new modifications and fortify your gear with 11 unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
• New “Platinum” Difficulty – Conquer bronze in your sleep? Take down Silver with one hand? Beat Gold without breaking a sweat? Then grab your friends and test your skills on the brand-new Platinum difficulty.
• New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will challenge teams to keep a targeted agent alive by protecting and escorting them to a designated extraction zone on each map.
And there are three pics to check out as well, to get a glimpse of the all-new action!