If you're looking for a cheap, portable computer and a netbook just won't cut it, today's CatchOfTheDay deal is pretty hard to ignore. The online retailer is currently offering the Toshiba Satellite C650 laptop for just $349 - that's $550 off the original RRP (although some specifications have changed, as we'll see in a bit).
The Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 comes equipped with a 1366x768 15.6in screen, a dual-core Mobile Intel Celeron T3500 Processor (2.1GHz), a 320GB 2.5in SATA hard drive (5400rpm) and 2GB of DDR3 memory.
It runs on Windows 7 Home Premium edition and boasts a good array of features for the asking price, including an inbuilt webcam, a 4-in-1 card reader, a full-sized keyboard with 10 key numeric keypad and 802.11 b/g/n wireless. It also comes with a 12 month courier pickup and return warranty, courtesy of Toshiba.
The Toshiba Satellite Pro C650's technical specifications are as follows:
- CPU: Mobile Intel Celeron T3500 Processor (2.1GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
- System architecture: Intel GL40 Express Chipset
- OS: Genuine Windows 7 32/64bit Home Premium (OEM)
- HDD: 320GB 5400rpm 2.5" SATA
- Memory: 2GB DDR3 1066 expandable to 4GB (One slot used, One slot free)
- Display: 15.6” Widescreen High Definition TFT Active Matrix XGA CSV (1366 x 768) resolution
- Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GL40
- Optical drive: DVD SuperMulti Dual / Double Layer (DVD±R±RW,DVD±R(DL) DVD-RAM) Read: CD-ROM(24x), DVD-ROM(8x) Write: CD-R 24x, CD-RW 4x
- Web Camera: 640 x 480
- Expansion: RGB, 2 x USB 2.0, Headphone & microphone port, Bridge media Reader/Writer slot (SD, MMC, Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro), Integrated microphone
- Wireless communications: Integrated Atheros 802.11 b/g/n
- BIOS: ACPI, PnP, VESA, DPMS, DDC, SM BIOS, PCI BIOS Support, Boot Device, TSETUP
- Extrenal CRT support: RGB external VGA display
- Audio: Intel High Definition Audio Sound
- Speakers: Stereo
- Wired communications: Integrated 10/100Mbps TX Ethernet
- Battery: 6 cell Lithium-Ion (up to 3 hours)
- Dimensions: 380mm(W) x 250mm(D) x 28/37.9mm(H)
- Weight: from 2.8kg
It's worth noting that the Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 does not come with the Intel Core i3 370M processor advertised on the Toshiba website. Instead, a Celeron T3500 is used. This is at the lower end of Intel's CPU range - but it should still suffice for everyday computer use (web browsing, video playback, some photo editing, etc).
To snap up a Toshiba Satellite Pro C650, visit the CatchOfTheDay website, but you'll have to be quick - when we last checked, the website was running a message that said it was almost out of stock.