A new and improved Foxtel online service now makes it easier for subscribers to manage their account online (okay, maybe not so exciting) and choose from an large collection of full screen video, must-see Foxtel programming highlights.
Foxtel will make over 60 shows available at any one time (very cool) from the home page or What's on section of the website. There's also a recommendation engine to make it easier to discover new programs and a 14-day online TV guide, integrated to work with your Foxtel IQ or IQ2 box, which is a relief for those still hooked up to the old IQ boxes.
Foxtel subscribers should also benefit from the added convenience of improved online account systems, making it easier to get an appointment from a technician or a bill summary - something most Internet ISPs implemented into their websites more than half a decade ago.
Indeed, Foxtel seem awfully chuffed with their first real dalliance into the online sphere, as though they just discovered its existence yesterday. Better late than never.
New changes to Foxtel online:
- 14 Days TV guide
- "Quick Search button" allows users to perform popular searches with just one click
- Extended program information includes information such as director,cast, long synopsis, genre, awards and web links
- Horizontal browse between programs by following actor and director link, can you reach Kevin Bacon in fewer than six clicks?
- "iSuggest button" finds a range of programs similar to the one you've selected
- Send to a Friend button" allows users to send an email containing the selected program link to a friend
- Remote Record programs straight from the Guide to the iQ or iQ2 set-top unit, via drag and drop selected shows to the "Remote Record Queue button"