Any gadgeteer worth their weight in apps will feel positively giddy at the prospect of running the best that Android has to offer on their PCs. Now, thanks to BlueStacks, this dream can be fulfilled.
BlueStacks' clever software allows you to run a virtualisation of Android in Windows. The alpha version is now available to download, offering up to 26 apps to tinker with as well as the ability to push apps from your phone to your PC.
Read on to start your big screen Android journey…
Five simple steps to Android on the big screen
1. Download BlueStacks here and run the installer.
2. If all goes well, you should be greeted with a BlueStacks system tray icon as well as a Windows logo-surfing Android on the top right of your desktop.
3. Left click your new green friend and you’ll be greeted with ten pre-loaded apps. Click away and try them out in glorious full screen.
4. Hovering over each of the six buttons at the bottom of the screen will reveal their purpose – functions include rotating the screen and bringing up menus.
5. If you fancy loading up some more apps (which off course, you will) then hit up the BlueStacks App Player icon on the desktop and select the Get More Apps icon.
You can also push apps from your phone by using the Cloud Connect service. Simply head here to get your phone PIN then download and install the BlueStacks Cloud Connect server from here. Once that’s done just fire up the app, enter your PIN and you should be all set.
Source: Copyright © Stuff.tv
More in Misc Software (1 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (2 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (3 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (4 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (5 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (6 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (7 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (8 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (9 of 10 articles)
More in Misc Software (10 of 10 articles)
Speccy 1.22 adds temperature monitor to System Tray
Review: Windows 8 for the desktop
System Builder: The cheap way to recover deleted files
In Pictures: Windows 8 Aussie launch
Get advice on the best gear, take part in discussions with comments on blogs, news and reviews; post your
own reviews and tailor make your information specifically to your interests.
Processing registration... Please wait.
This process can take up to a minute to complete.
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address - SUPPLIED EMAIL HERE. Please click on the link in the email to verify your email address. You need to verify your email before you can start posting.
If you do not receive your confirmation email within the next few minutes, it may be because the email has been captured by a junk mail filter. Please ensure you add the domain @pcauthority.com.au to your white-listed senders.
Click here to close this message