First look: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

First look: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v
Rating
Overall:

After a year of uncontested dominance, the Apple iPad is about to meet its first real challenger in the form of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1. We put the Vodafone-exclusive model through its paces.

Price
$729 AUD
> Pricing info
Browse this Review:   Next

Tipped to be the iPad’s first credible rival, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v is a feature-packed tablet device that runs on Google's latest Android operating system; 3.0 Honeycomb. Its main advantages over the Apple iPad (and indeed, the Apple iPad 2) are an 8-megapixel AF camera with inbuilt flash, Full HD video recording, Flash 10.2 support and an enlarged 1280x800 WXGA touch screen.

Which tablet? Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs Apple iPad.

Other highlights include (deep breath) a 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual Core processor, 16GB of inbuilt storage, 1GB of RAM, the ability to turn the device into a WiFi hotspot, GPS functionality, extensive media player support, a 3-axis gyroscopic sensor and access to 3G networks (HSDPA 1900/2100/850/900). It's also extravagantly stylish - which is just as well, given the price tag.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v: Pretty as a picture.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v has an RRP of $729: the same price as the 16GB iPad 2 (Wi-Fi + 3G). While we have yet to have a play with the iPad 2, the Galaxy Tab 10.1v appears to be a worthy alternative to Apple's tablet juggernaut. It’s fast, attractive and sports an extremely user-friendly interface courtesy of Android's Honeycomb OS.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs. Galaxy Tab 10.1v: what’s different?

Before we go any further, let’s clear something up: this is a review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v – not the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (note the addition of a ‘v’ in the model name). The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v is a limited-edition Vodafone exclusive model that comes with a few significant changes; not all for the better.

First, the good stuff: the Galaxy Tab 10.1v’s camera has been upgraded from three megapixels to 8MP. This boosts the tablet’s maximum video recording resolution to 1080p, up from 720p on the yet-to-be-released Galaxy Tab 10.1. The 10.1v is also slightly smaller than its stable mate, measuring 246x170x10mm (compared to 257x173x9mm).

The 'original' Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be released some time after the Galaxy Tab 10.1v.

Unlike the previously announced Galaxy Tab 10.1, the 10.1v does not come with a MicroSD slot– one of key features that set it apart from the Apple iPad 2. Instead, users will need to make do with the 16GB of onboard memory (at the time of writing, 16GB is the only capacity offered). This could prove problematic if you plan to shoot lots of HD video - but for most people, 16GB should be plenty.

Apart from the above changes, both versions of the 10in Galaxy Tab provide the same core specifications. If you're not particularly fussed about taking photos or videos, you might be better off waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which is due some time in Q3. 

Screen

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v's TFT LCD display is an absolute joy to use. We found it to be perfectly responsive during testing. Even if you've never used a tablet before, you'll soon be zooming, rotating and flicking through pages as if it were second nature.

In addition to being user-friendly, the screen also looks fantastic, with text, photos and Web content all appearing bright and razor-sharp. Viewability was also impressive, with the screen remaining visible in sunlight and from extreme angles.

If we had one qualm about the display, it's that it occassionally failed to reconfigure when we turned the screen around (from vertical to landscape mode, for example). However, this could just be a quirk in our pre-production model: Samsung advised that the finished product should provide a smoother experience.    

The Galaxy Tab 10.1v's screen is hard to fault - provided you keep a cloth handy.

Like any touch screen device, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v requires plenty of TLC to keep it looking nice and clean. By the time we had finished with it, our test model had more fingerprints than a CSI crime lab. Hopefully, Samsung will see fit to include a cleaning cloth in the box.

Android 3.0 Honeycomb and user interface

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is one of the first tablets to use Google’s Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS. Unlike Apple’s iOS 4, Honeycomb has been built specifically for tablet devices, with a redesigned interface optimised for larger screens.

Some of the key features new to Android 3.0 include tabbed Web browsing, a Windows-esque taskbar, improved multi-tasking, a redesigned keyboard, up to five customisable home screens and a 'recent apps' window. Copy and paste functionality has also been improved, allowing you to carry text across multiple applications.

We've spent the past week playing around with Honeycomb on the Galaxy Tab 10.1v and we have to say, we're pretty impressed. We like the five customisable home screens,  which allows you to organise widgets and apps according to category or function (you can swap between home screens by simply flicking the display). 

At the time of writing, applications optimised specifically for tablets are a little light on the ground. Google has yet to release the Honeycomb OS to the open-source world, with no timeline for when this will happen. Subsequently, it might be a while before we see the wealth of tablet-centric apps available for the iPad and iPad 2.

For the record, all the apps we downloaded from the Android Marketplace looked and performed well. We were especially enamored by the game Angry Birds, which benefits hugely from the larger display. Special mention must also go to the YouTube app, which looks amazing on the Galaxy Tab 10.1v. Indeed, the 3D-style browsing interface is a marked improvement on the real website. 

The Android version of YouTube works a treat on Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1v.

We found web browsing to be pleasingly zippy, with most websites loading in a handful of seconds. You can definitely tell the difference that the Dual Core processor makes (compared to previous tablets and smartphones).

The Galaxy Tab 10.1v's 3G network coverage was reasonable. We used the device extensively on the train (including a trip to the Blue Mountains) and only experienced occasional drop-outs.

NEXT PAGE: camera, battery life, pricing & availability...

Source: Copyright © PC & Tech Authority. All rights reserved.

Browse this Review:   Next
See more about:  galaxy  |  tab  |  101  |  apple  |  ipad  |  tablet
 
 

Readers of this article also read...

In Pictures: Corsair's brand new Obsidian 750D PC case 

In Pictures: Corsair's brand new Obsidian 750D PC case

 
Showdown: Apple iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4 

Showdown: Apple iPhone 5S vs Samsung Galaxy S4

 
The 64-bit CPU in the iPhone 5s is meaningless marketing bluster 

The 64-bit CPU in the iPhone 5s is meaningless marketing bluster

 
Hands on gallery: Samsung Galaxy Gear 

Hands on gallery: Samsung Galaxy Gear

 
The Complete NBN Guide 

The Complete NBN Guide

 
Comments: 36
marts
30 March 2011
Looks promising, even if there are no tablet-specific apps out there, yet. I'm surprised that the reviewer didn't look at 3G reception, after all, it IS a mobile device. Does it pull in a signal easily, especially inside buildings?

As it's a Vodaphone released unit the specs,according to the reviewer, indicate that it's also HSDPA 850 compatible. So, presumably it will work on Telstra NextG, then.



Comment made about the PC & Tech Authority article:
First look: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v?
After a year of uncontested dominance, the Apple iPad is about to meet its first real challenger in the form of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1. We put the Vodafone-exclusive model through its paces.

What do you think? Join the discussion.
photohounds
30 March 2011
The first punch in the tablet wars. People who think will probably buy these, instead of lining up to be the first. Evolution is wonderful. I have just been looking at phones - there's a great array of HTC and Samsung units on offer, even saw some WinDos ones. All provide more than I 'need' and Android means I can have it MY way.
ray73864
30 March 2011
Maybe it is just me, I dunno, but at the bottom of page 1 it said that page 2 would talk about the battery life. However I am not seeing any mention of battery life on page 2.
amcmo
30 March 2011
OK, how about an objective review! YOU DID NOT PUT IT THROUGH IT"S PACES. You took some pics and video's and glossed over everything else!

Battery life - why no comment?, or is it too bad. No realist performance comments... You excused a couple of faults as possibly pre-production. Come on - if Samsung/Vodaphone gave you a unit to test (presumably to take the focus of iPad2) then you would figure it was a well checked unit before being sent out.

You keep harping about Android 3 being the only OS dsigned exclusively for tablets - that was a necessity because earleir versions were so phone centric as to be useless on a tablet.

IOS works jsut fine on both a phone and a tablet (not that I have an iPhone) because Apple seem to have thought it out first, rather than try to react to other people's marketing isteaad of leading.

The only almost objective result is that the camera is far bettr than the iPhone. GET REAL who is really going to film HD video on a tablet. far more likley to use a smartphone, any of which have good video and photo capability and are far more useable.

A conspiracy theorist could suggest that this 'review' was written solely to pump Andriod/Samsung (cash/advertising for comments??)

You gloss over the lack of apps - One day when Google get around to releasing the code......
This is the model (apart from the fancy camera)that has been such an abject failure overseas that most are still sitting on shelves and it has already been superceded, wiht a more iPad2 like unit due in some months time. Samsung originally claimed good sales then had to admit sales were to dealers and that on-sales were much lower

Thinking people would DEFINITELY NOT buy this and if adamant not to buy the iPad2 just because it's Apple would wait for the next version from Samsung, or the HP unit (then wait for months before any decent number of apps are available)
amcmo
30 March 2011
photohounds

This isn't a punch, not even a tickle.

Read the specs on the next model Samsung due out - that MIGHT be a punch if Google get the apps out there

Yes, I know you hate anyone who supports Apple from previous threads.. I just want balanced reporting - well reporting of any sort, rather than what is almost advertising.
amcmo
30 March 2011
Just one more point Photohounds - Android phones give yo a phone 'your way', no they give you one Google's way, - that they have access to without your knowlege to install or REMOVE apps without you prior approval - it's in EVERY Android phone contract!

Then of course you are free to install any one of the (36 last week) untested or checked apps with trojans built in that steal your personal information and send it off to the Russian mafia, or whoever pays for it this week... need I go on? well I will, plus the trojans last year that had to be remotely removed by Google from certain phones - Theye didn't contact customers to say 'sorry our total lack of controls on our market place resulted in your phone being infected, sorry mind if we remove the problem?' - just sucked the program off remotely and hoped no one found out about it!

Yes if that's having a phone 'your way' i'd rush out to get a virus scanner (if one's available)and don't use it for anything financial or that would allow identity theft.
pzaikis
31 March 2011
To amcmo: This is PC & Tech Authority, not the Apple Fanboi Whinge-a-thon. Apple is purely marketed at non-tech-savvy users who want simplicity and need someone who will look after their phone for them. An Android user is more tech-savvy and cautious since it is up to the USER to approve which apps are installed on the device, not Google and not Steve Jobs. There are an abundant of app's available now on Android Market more than 80,000 so I don't know what your talking about a lack of apps, just how many apps does one person need on a tablet/phone? Also Android allows you to develop YOUR OWN APPS if you can't find the one you need or you want a real personalized one. The bottom line is Android gives you choice unlike iPhone/iPad. I can choose widgets for my homescreens, I can choose scenes for different homescreens for work and home. And I can choose not to use iTunes and in fact I can synch my phone without connecting to a PC at all. Obviously you do not understand the nature of Open Source software and also what exactly do you have to hide from Google? I bet you the Government has more information about you than Google does, and I trust Google more than the Government.
amcmo
31 March 2011
Pzaikis, jeese, Android fanbois are more irrational than Apple's.

FACT - we are a mixed PC/Mac house, our phones with one exception (HTC Android) are Nokia and I'm not an Apple Fanbois, however, being a person who THINKS rather than being swept up in the whole Android open source hysteria, I realise that Google's motto should be DO ALL EVIL, this is the company that stole wifi data, downloads data on you if you use Chrome, is attempting to hi-jack authors rights, has back door control of your Android phone, regardless of how tech savy you claim to be.

The VAST majority of Android users are total non techs who buy whatever phone is pushed by the local phone company and has pretty graphics. No one, tech or otherwise should have to worry about Virus and Trojans in an official app market.

I understand open source EXTREMELY well, we are involved in several open source projects.

The whole thing about a phone system such as Android that is targeting the mass market is that it should have a certain minimum level of security. If it was only targeting techs, there would only be a few million Android phones out there worldwide, not the 25-30% market share in some markets.

I can develop my own iPhone app if I choose and submit it to Apple, who provided it meets the rules and isn't going to infect phones will approve it, and I can make money from doing so. Reality less that 1 in 1 million Android (or iPhone) users are going to want to develop their own apps.

The whole thing about Google's stealth is that you should not have to worry what you have to hide, you have the right to not have to hide. What you are saying is tantamount to saying that the governments/police should be able to tap your phone, spy on you without control - after all what do you have to hide? - Gee sounds like any dictatorship out there. If you don't want any privacy rights, fine, but I and most people do, just most who buy into anything connected to Google don't realise that they steal you data, spy on you, and use your information for their own commercial gain.

I'd be happy to have our company have HP or Android tablets (with certain security requirements) IF there was anything out there at the moment worth buying - there isn't yet. Meanwhile, we have 1 only iPad 2 which is proving damn good at what we want it for (not games, not taking photo's or video's. When the HP webOS unit or an Android unit are up to task we will also buy 1 or more of those.

To re-state, my comments are about the apparent lack of balance or fact in the PCA reviews which read more like an Android fnbois advert.

Final point, I don't car if any other product is better than Apple's, as long as the reviews are factual, something that seems sadly lacking in PC&A. YOu might be happy with their Android adverts covering as reviews, I want facts, not bullshit, so I can make an informed decision.
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
31 March 2011
amcmo, you want objective reviews, yet you failed to practise what you preach. I already debunked your Chrome rant in a previous thread, yet you ignored it and reposted it here. One cannot claim to be objective, and then use pseudo evidence to proclaim one party is "evil". Hypocrisy at its finest?

Post in question: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/forums/yaf_postst50933_Google-to-boost-Android-security-after-attacks.aspx
Slatts
31 March 2011
ray73864 wrote:
Maybe it is just me, I dunno, but at the bottom of page 1 it said that page 2 would talk about the battery life. However I am not seeing any mention of battery life on page 2.


Chris Jager wrote:
Battery

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v's battery life is pretty respectable. Samsung quotes the battery life as 10 hours in 3G mode, and around 7 hours of video playback, which seemed to fall in line with our testing. We got around two days of off-and-on use, during which we surfed the Web, took and edited photos, shot video and checked emails. According to reports we've seen, the iPad 2 offers similar longevity.

Unlike with notebooks, the Samsung 6860mAh battery cannot be easily replaced or removed: you're basically stuck with it for the duration of your tablet's life.


yes ray, looks like it is just you...:-k

Edit: Then again ray, perhaps it's not just you. :oops:

V V V V V V V V

Edited by Slatts: 1/4/2011 08:25:11 PM
Chris A Jager
1 April 2011
Just to clear this up, the battery segement was accidentally left out of the original posted copy - I added it back in when this was brought to my attention.
amcmo
1 April 2011
Cybr,

You did not de-bunk anything on chrome. The fact is that Google, more than any other company track users habits, collecting data unless (the majority uninformed population) take agressive steps to block, and use it for their own commenrcial / other benefit. They are currently the subject of several anti trust investigations on this matter - so you are the one who doesn't paractice. As for evil, a number of respected industry analysts have concluded that Google do not follow their 'do no evil' in fact just the opposite.

Like all Google appologists you also conveniently ignore the WiFi collection, use of data to move themselves and those they support up in search engines, the stealing of copyright material (which a US judge has just blocked their attempt to have legalised to their benefit)

As for battery. What about battery life with use of Flash, seeing as the lack of this is used as one of the arguments against Apple products?
jillbob
1 April 2011
Here comes the oompetition
Eee Pad Transformer has 10.1" capacitive touch-screen. Android® 3.0 HoneyComb and NVIDIA® Tegra? 2 chipset Adobe Flash,smooth HD

An optional docking station extends battery life up to 16 hours. As with the Slider, front (1.2MP) and rear (5MP) digital cameras make for easy video chat and digital photography, while a built-in mini-HDMI port makes for easy connections to external displays for full 1080p HD video playback.

Here it is a link to a video demonstrating the product.


http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2031374/cebit-asus-eee-pad-transformer




It has 16GB and 32GB storage capacity. It also has a Micro SD card slot. The keyboard has 2xUSB 2.0 and a card reader.
photohounds
1 April 2011
amcmo - nope don't hate apple though its apologists (lust like MSs) make me alternately cringe then laugh. I owned an iphone3. It was OK (but not a great phone - went back to a Treo of all things which can be operated easily with one hand and has larger fonts if I choose to use them). I had a newton, MACS are fine for mas and pas. - - - - - - - - yassee I don't play angry birds etc. Oh I tried the $99 Android smartphone at the local telstra shop. Sure it ain't no ip4, but at 1/10th of the price it's a plastic knockout - have a look. - - - - - - - - Android lets me change more of the things I want changed to turn a TOY into a TOOL. Same with the locked-down 'pads OK as far as they go, and 10 hours seems good battery life to me. Apparently the screen makes 'pad quite jealous.
- - - - - - - -
I started reading the 59 PAGES of the APPLE contract to join app-store (an idea they COPIED from Linspire who had Click 'n; Run 5 years before Apple 'invented' App Store). And now? Jobs forgot where he copied the app-store idea from and is suing someone ELSE for copying it too.
- - - - - - - - 59 PAGES!!!! have YOU read it??? - - - - - - - -
My fave (haven't jumoed yet)? HTC Desire. Beautifully executed - twice the phone ip4 is, at half the take-home price - that's what I see. - - - - - - - - Oh yeah, ap[ple has 300k apps and Android 'only' 200k - or so I read. IOW, BOTH have 3 lifetimes of software downloads already available. Glad crapware can be deleted by Google.
dxgriffiths
4 April 2011
It's worth noting that iOS *was* originally designed for tablets. It was adapted to the iPhone and iPod touch while Apple waited for the iPad hardware to become feasible.
amcmo
18 April 2011
For those who keep raving about the Android ability to run flash making it superior to the 'other brand' that doesn't run Flash - check this - Flash on a Tablet is a DOG. Not on this link, also is that Flash reduces battery by hours

Flash on Android: Look but don't touch
The sweeping deficiencies of Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablets can't all be chalked up to its 'beta' status
By Neil McAllister | InfoWorld
http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobile-technology/flash-android-look-dont-touch-838

This is a real world test by someone with much greater credibility that the PC&A Magazine Android Fanbois 'testers'
amcmo
18 April 2011
Just one final point everyone seems to miss,

Battery life is pretty respectable - Samsung claim 10 hours , 7 with Video.

Apple Claim 10 hours and most RESPECTABLE testers (ie, not PC&A Android Fanbois 'testers') have achived 12-13 hours CONSISTENTLY, including using video. That is a substantial difference. But then 'respectable' is one of those easy to use words that suggests that something pretty ordinary is better than it is.

An before the Andorid fanatics jump in, we do intend to use Android tablets in a carefully controlled environment (to avoid viruses etc) WHEN there is a 'RESPECTABLE' product, which will probably be either next gen Xoom (late this year?? or the new Samsung 10" announced and due also later this year.
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
18 April 2011
Calm down amcmo, Apple don't pay you enough.
amcmo
18 April 2011
Strange how it always decends to that. Disagree with the Android Fanbois and you must be on Apple's payroll. Do you have any issue with the facts in my previous two posts which can be readily verified on line by anyone wihtout a closed mind.

I think I've said it before we have FAR more PC's in our business, Win servers, VM systems, 4 Apple products (as of this moment), Android, and will be adding more Android (probably when the just announced Samsung referred to in my last post becomes a reality). Being open minded I can admit if it lives up to the specs, it will be a true iPad competitor.

We are involved in open source development, develop for customers in both closed and open source solutions. I could give you an extensive discussion of the merits and failings of all the platforms we work with (yes, none of them are perfect), however that's not what you're interested in.

Because we want accurate reporting instead slavish Google/Android propaganda, we're branded as Apple Fanbois.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
18 April 2011
Dude, I was joking. :)

It's nice to just sit back and relax once and a while. People are entitled to their opinion, no need to get upset when your favourite company isn't being heralded.
moonflower
3 May 2011
My Testicles... will they cook like the do if I am using my LAPTOP like a laptop. My doctor said getting your scrotum cooked is not good for you. PC Authority should address this issue... all these tablets need to have a "T cook rate," applied. I am gonna buy one plus a smart phone, need this kind of info.
.:Cyb3rGlitch:.
3 May 2011
I doubt it'll get too hot, it's only an ARM processor.
Slatts
3 May 2011

Should be fairly 'armless.

photohounds
17 August 2011
Geeez MF, don't want sauteed gonads? I can grok that :)

Still, it might not be a problem as it seems more 'normal' to put a tablet nearer your knees to avoid 'tablet neck and spine' (tm).
'Lap'tops are bad enough when used on an actual lap. Skeletal damage could be a problem with ALL of these tablet toys.
So, unless you are are endowed with gonads like in the AC/DC song, you'll be better off relocating your TAB to save your poor neck.


Maybe one of those little one armed tables (like a mini hospital one) would help for extended use?
I'm sure some Chiropractors will be salivating at the extra biz these things could generate.


Love the lies the Big A has been telling in court re this SAMSUNG tablet - squashing it's appearance to LOOK like a 'pad???

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219189/Apple_s_evidence_may_be_flawed_in_European_Samsung_case?taxonomyId=144&pageNumber=1

... cover-ups are bad enough (take a red-faced bow, Big G), but out and out misrepresentation of a competitor's product appearance to gain unfair advantage?
SOOOO easily debunked when the actual products are brought into any courtroom.

Or .. did those 'geniuses' at Big A actually think that THEIR doctored pix would be used throughout their bogus case without ever seeing actual product?
Or was it a bug in their picture-porocessing software?

The German remedy for this lying to a court should be this:
A THREE times as long delay as SAMSUNG have suffered, applied to Apple's planned launch date.
Best start time for the ban? December 1.
amcmo
17 August 2011
Yes, Photo, we've all seen the link in the every other post you made since the announcement....

I'm waiting for further 'evidence' before jumping to a one-eyed conclusion, though it raises some interesting questions.

It will be interesting to see the response.
rubaiyat
17 August 2011
pzaikis wrote:
To amcmo: This is PC & Tech Authority, not the Apple Fanboi Whinge-a-thon. Apple is purely marketed at non-tech-savvy users who want simplicity and need someone who will look after their phone for them.


Oh rubbish! Apple is marketed at anyone, including people who use, Terminal, UNIX, multiple programming languages, high end audio and video editing etc etc.

I happen to be in a circle of academics, a couple of whom are astrophysicists who are avid Apple fans exactly for its flexibility, sophistication and power.

If you really wanted to market to non-tech dingbats use PCs. What I've seen these people "do", or mostly stuff-up, is real eye-roller material. That's why they stick in their ignorance to what all the other sheep use.

Edited by rubaiyat: 17/8/2011 10:14:41 AM
photohounds
17 August 2011
AM, I think most would agree that Big A have well made, brilliantly marketed products.
My perspective merely is that they don't NEED to cheat.

One-eyed? That's rich. Falsification of evidence (if it can be proven) is reprehensible and indefensible. The target WILL see that "information".

It is perfectly objective to say that if evidence IS falsified as described, the real case may have little (if any) merit and has just been undermined. Not like the Big A to shoot themselves in the foot - and whining about others 'stealing ideas' - more comedy from Jobs et. al.
amcmo
17 August 2011
Ah, the famous pic out of the context of the whole!

I’ve heard one/some screaming foul without any further information, as to be expected from that side of the fence.

I have also seen one other explanation thus far and it relates to Apple concentrating on the look and feel to make the argument, not the physics of the device (size/dimension ratio’s etc).

As an alternative, the source wondered if the pic was of an earlier proto of the device before Samsung went widescreen. Only Apple or Samsung could answer that.

Seeing as Samsung had all this information more than a week before the injunction, if they felt it was foul, they would have been screaming for all they were worth. Instead they first tried to say they knew nothing of the injunction, before having to back down.

That source pointed out it was acceptable practice in such a scenario to bring the physicals to the same size/ration so that the focus of the court was on the actual claims in the suit, ie, the look and feel of the interface.

What they did advise is that in such scenario there should be a notation somewhere that this has been done. It’s not on the drawings, however don’t know about accompanying documentation.

If Apple has deliberately done this to confuse the court, they are in the sh.t. If for the above mentioned reasons, there is no legal issue, however, if they did not comment on this in the docs then someone will get a ‘please explain’, though still not necessarily any impact on the case.

As before I am waiting for the actual evidence before screaming foul or claiming innocence (unlike some)
rubaiyat
17 August 2011
Who says all tablets have to look a like:

http://www.engadget.com/photos/fusion-garage-grid-10-and-grid-4-hands-on/#4369691

The difference between having a designer and someone with a pad of tracing paper.
amcmo
17 August 2011
I'm impressed.

Hope they get it off the ground. Obviously a few rough edges, however so have the current crop of Honeycombs.
samual
9 November 2011
I just want to discuss the new Samsung "tab on the battery life ... not good.Battery life - why? No comment, or too bad. There is no realistic views of the performance ... You forgive the expected failure of the couple may Come - Samsung / Vodafone give you a unit test (presumably to take focus iPad2), then you figure this is a unit checked before being sent ..
jackhoom1
16 November 2011
I used a Samsung Tablet PC Samsung's products have been also very good
lipikas
18 November 2011
Hi all,
I m lipika from delhi & i want to buy samsung tablet but i m so confused.:-k
I like HCL ME also, can anyone tell me which one is better. I am dying to buy a sleek, compact, hi-tech tablet. Pls suggest me.

Thanks.
rubaiyat
24 December 2011
pzaikis wrote:
To amcmo: This is PC & Tech Authority, not the Apple Fanboi Whinge-a-thon. Apple is purely marketed at non-tech-savvy users who want simplicity and need someone who will look after their phone for them.


Oh P L E A S E ! The biggest set of thickheads I see around are PC users. One they buy junk, thinking they have a bargain, then proceed to create even more junk, if they can even figure out how to do that!

Quote:
An Android user is more tech-savvy and cautious since it is up to the USER to approve which apps are installed on the device, not Google and not Steve Jobs.


What a laugh! They just put up with it, most don't even know they have problems until it is too late.

Quote:
There are an abundant of app's available now on Android Market more than 80,000 so I don't know what your talking about a lack of apps, just how many apps does one person need on a tablet/phone?


That's a pitance compared with Apple's Apps. How many are infested with malware? Who knows?

Quote:
Also Android allows you to develop YOUR OWN APPS if you can't find the one you need or you want a real personalized one.


And what about iOS? Apple's been handing out the tools for yonks for free.

Quote:
The bottom line is Android gives you choice unlike iPhone/iPad. I can choose widgets for my homescreens, I can choose scenes for different homescreens for work and home. And I can choose not to use iTunes and in fact I can synch my phone without connecting to a PC at all.


At last a valid point, at last half of one. You are free to choose what maybe, maybe doesn't work on your particular Android device, and may or may not be updated. All from the poor choice of software available, which may or may not be malware. "And the choice is, (opening the envelope) ta da, Android!" Huge round of applause from the cheap seats down the back, who can't hear very well, and probably misunderstood the question in the first place.

Quote:
Obviously you do not understand the nature of Open Source software and also what exactly do you have to hide from Google? I bet you the Government has more information about you than Google does, and I trust Google more than the Government.


I'm sure the Chinese government appreciates that you have full confidence in them, because either Google is handing over your information to them or they are helping themselves anyway through unvetted software. Even if they don't get your data, the Russian Mafia probably will and Google DEFINITELY will and use it against you because as an Android consumer, you probably can't figure out to what degree you've been had.
shmartinn
8 January 2012
Strange how it consistently decends to that. Disagree with the Android Fanbois and you accept to be on Apple's payroll. Do you accept any affair with the facts in my antecedent two posts which can be readily absolute on band by anyone wihtout a bankrupt mind.
dick123
3 February 2012
Nice phone..
Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest Comments

Latest Poll

What PC component are you planning to upgrade in the next six months










Ads by Google

From our Partners

PC & Tech Authority Downloads